Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Alec Eiffel! Alec Eiffel?

Wow, I'm going to be a father in August!

Now we're obsessing over baby names, prenatal care, early child development. And we're considering parenting styles (as if you can order them on-line). Danna likes the name Alec Eiffel if we have a boy. You know, as in the title and refrain of that great Pixies song?



As in the name of the architect who dreamed up the towering, derrick-like icon of American Romance in Paris?



I don't know about Alec. Naming our son Alec Eiffel would pin him to several child-archetypal categories worthy of severe beatings. Especially if he's a smart kid who reads too much. Which he will be! I'm so excited!

For a cleverer consideration of the naming process minus the flip tone, visit Alexis Orgera's page and read this entry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOT DAMN! Send these two some champagne! I'm absolutely thrilled, proud and happy about this news. Write me with all the sweet details. WOO-HOO.

Alexis Orgera said...

I've been a bad blog reader lately...but I just noticed that you referenced my naming post. Thanks! And congrats on the coming baby. Just don't name the kid Pineapple or Skydog all you'll be ok.

Marcus said...

Thanks for the champagne, Jackie!

You're welcome, Alexis! And thanks for the good advice. Pineapple and Skydog have been crossed off the list along with names such as Partridge and Deter :)